IDENTERRA FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Message by Zoran Roca, Manager Editor

Go down

Message by Zoran Roca, Manager Editor Empty Message by Zoran Roca, Manager Editor

Post  TERCUD Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:30 pm

Welcome to the Identerra Forum* on landscapes, identities and sustainable development, envisaged to promote online discussion on the topics of the 23rd Session PECSRL - The Permanent European Conference for the Study of the Rural Landscape, entitled LANDSCAPES, IDENTITIES AND DEVELOPMENT, Lisbon and Óbidos, Portugal, 1st – 5th September 2008.

Professor Paul CLAVAL, such a highly distinguished scholar, has accepted my invitation to be the first Emeritus Editor of the Identerra Forum. This is indeed an honour and a great pleasure, for me and my colleagues at TERCUD – Territory, culture and Development Research Centre of the Universidade Lusófona de Humanidades e Tecnologias, Lisbon.

Prof. Claval has prepared the following two texts as inputs for launching the discussion in this Forum:

Text A: “NEW STRATEGIES FOR MANAGING LANDSCAPES AND STRENGTHENING IDENTITIES AS TOOLS FOR A SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT” (pdf)

Text B: “THE IDEA OF LANDSCAPE” (pdf)

In order to facilitate a focussed discussion, both texts are brought here by thematic sections, and the online discussion inputs from the Forum’s participants will appear in a chronological cascade within every thematic section that is discussed.

Under the Forum’s heading “AD HOC VIEWS”, the participants are welcome to contribute to the sections Comments and suggestions, References and reviews, or News.

Discussions and other inputs can be multilingual, i.e., carried out in all official UN languages, and their authors bear sole responsibility for the quality and/or comprehensibility of contributions.

The “Identerra Forum” is open to all for consultation, but online access (log in) for sending discussion (Post reply) and other inputs is allowed only to the registered participants of the PECSRL 2008.

At a later stage, as a follow-up to the PECSRL 2008, the ”Identerra Forum” will become open to a wider public for online participation.

The Editorial Board responsible for this his first edition of the “Identerra Forum”, launched on 18th June 2008, consists of

Editor Emeritus: Paul CLAVAL, University of Paris - Sorbonne I
Managing Editor: Zoran ROCA, TERCUD
Assistant Editor: Isabel CANHOTO, TERCUD
Administrator: Pedro LUÍS, TERCUD

Feel welcome to join in!

Zoran Roca
Lisbon, 18 June 2008
* The “Identerra Forum” is named after a major TERCUD’s research project “ IDENTERRA - Territorial Identity in Regional and Local Development: The Oeste Region of Portugal”, financed by the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology. The PECSRL 2008 is actually being organized as part of that project.[code]

TERCUD
Admin

https://identerraforum.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down